Accelerate With Technology
Virtual Construction allows us to build efficiently by solving issues virtually before ground breaking.Get Started
Build Faster with Building Information Modeling (BIM)
D&S Electrical Contractors, Inc. has been successfully designing, modeling, coordinating, prefabricating and constructing in Revit and Navisworks on all projects since 2009. We are early adopters of new technology. We develop the people and methods needed for successful BIM implementation. Our staff is trained in the latest software applications needed to meet both company and customer project objectives.
Our expertise in BIM strengthens teamwork among the trades, saves our clients time and money, and streamlines the construction process.
BIM gives you the ability to completely map a room before it is installed with the use of our model. But, we take it a step further...
We input the mapped room into a robotic station, so our professionals in the field don’t have to measure once they are in the space. Once set up, all layout for racks, floor boxes, fixtures, and is done by shooting a laser. This delineates points from the model to the room or area.
This saves time and reduces congestion in high-traffic work areas because we are able to get in and get out as efficiently as possible. This allows our team to work within aggressively condensed schedules seamlessly and effectively. We are often able to start installing in areas before our project scheduled tasks begin. All of this greatly enhances our ability to drive value on your project.
Enhanced Building Information Modeling
One way D&S Electrical Contractors, Inc. continues to innovate with technology is to use the BIM model to produce a 3-D Operations and Maintenance Manual and As-built. We call this EBIM or Enhanced Building Information Modeling.
Key benefits include:
- Creates a seamless transition between design, delivery and operations/maintenance for the life cycle of the building.
- Efficiently manages extensive information between parties while providing valuable spatial and electrical details on every aspect of a project.
- Eliminates the need for bulky Operational and Maintenance Manual’s (O&M’s) and provides information on an easy to access and use tablet, desktop, or smart phone.
- Enables users to extract views and data from object oriented digital representations of electrical items giving them the ability to focus in on a targeted area from a remote location.
- Models elements such as light fixtures, panel boards, transformers, and motor starters etc. as noted in contract documents to their final locations giving an accurate representation of the facility. This further aids in future maintenance.
- Saves time, money, effort and can improve the performance of the building during its life cycle.
Don't Fall Behind Using Inefficient Methods
Our continual investment in technology helps us eliminate wasted time. By automating repeatable tasks, we can streamline your project and allow our experts to focus on what they do best: constructing superior projects for you.