Clarkston, WA • Full-Time • Salary: Dependent on Experience
Recognized as one of the more experienced contractors in the commercial public works sector in the state of Washington, D&S is searching for the right candidate to join its team as a Project Manager/Estimator. This individual is responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating projects according to schedules and budgets. Also vital to this position is helping to build and manage the project team, ensuring quality control, safety policy adherence and client satisfaction, and communicating effectively and proactively to the Project Executive, client, subcontractors, and our vendor partners throughout the life of the Project.This position is located in our office in Kent, WA. This is an excellent opportunity to join a solid growing team. This is an immediate full-time opening.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Procure work and develop clientele.
- Manage project development from initiation to closure.
- Be accountable for project results.
- Work with all members of the project team to complete project outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget, and timing.
- Clearly communicate expectations to the project team.
- Facilitate communications between design, owner and the project team.
- Resolve issues and solve problems throughout the life of the project.
- Effectively manage project by ensuring any changes to scope are tracked and approved with the proper documentation per the project contract.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in electrical project management required.
- Degree in Construction Management or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Solid knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating and engineering principals and techniques, as well as accounting principles.
- Knowledge of LEAN principles including the Last Planner System is preferred.
- Must be capable of electrical estimating in order to produce job change orders, evaluate and apply job estimates and assist with new estimates as required.
- Must be proficient with project management tools and software packages. Experience with Accubid Estimating systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with integrated job cost systems to budget, evaluate reports and project final costing.
- Knowledge of and experience with building critical path schedules for projects.
- Knowledge of and experience with design-build delivery models is strongly preferred.
- Experience with identification and quantification of project impacts is preferred.
Check for more jobs at Indeed.